Forum - General Questions

Question

"Home in my heart" song by Stan Bush

Good evening,
I heard this track in the beginning of an old movie, maybe 80's but can't remember the movie's name (Maybe round trip to heaven, but not sure), but i remember reading that the song was performed by Stan Bush snd i even rember the lyrics in dtail:
You've got a home in my heart, it's always there for you
You've got a smile that's so bright, oooh it's true
As i surrender to that look in your eyes
The search is over now that i'm in your arms

Chorus:
You are my answer to love, took me so long to see
you were there for me
I should have known known from the start, heaven is not too far
Now you've got a home in my heart

I've tried googling the lyrics and listening to samples of several tracks by Stan Bush, but can't find this song at all... I'm really dying to find it and appreciate any help
Thanx in advance

maria_elghazaly, July 15, 2007; 10:45 AM

Answers

Dear soundtrack fan,

if you are looking for a SONG from a movie, we kindly ask you to do some easy research steps on your own first before you post a request here. We recommend that you do the following - these resources have provided solutions for numerous song searches before and might answer your question, too:

First of all, visit www.imdb.com and search for the movie the song is from. If you have found the movie at IMDb.com, check if there is a “soundtrack listing” link in the left-hand column. If that is the case, you will get a listing of all or most of the songs played in the movie.
Try our own database here, of course: Look up your movie by typing the movie title in the white search space in the top right-hand corner of this site. From the list of search results, we recommend that you check out the TITLES first. Browse through the tracklists that you get to see when clicking at the titles.
If you know a part of the lyrics, just search for that part of the lyrics in www.google.com or www.yahoo.com by searching for the lyrics party you know with quotation marks (" ") around them. For example, look for "a kiss is just a kiss" in connection with the word "lyrics" after it and you will immediately find many web sites telling you that it stems from the song “As Time Goes By” (from the movie Casablanca).
Eventually, if you still cannot find the answer, you can still try to post your question here, but we would really appreciate it if you first took the search paths we have recommended here.

Thank you very much and we wish you good luck in your search!

tharpdevenport, July 25, 2007; 8:52 PM

Hi Maria,

I too have been searching for this song since I heard it in the film Round Trip to Heaven starring Corey Feldman. I have searched the internet all over and have found nothing. I am going to ask on Stan Bush's website direct. I can't think of anything else to do! I suggest you do the same.

Good luck!

Anna

anna.kemble, April 22, 2008; 7:15 PM

Its weird that people have interested in this particular track by Stan Bush, I have come across a lot of people (mainly women) that mention this particular piece of music, I am not sure why, its 2015 and I am in a bar in Melbourne Australia and some women just mentioned it, and has it happened I know the song a girlfriend of mine I used to date really liked it.

padova01, July 20, 2015; 10:54 AM

Contribute an answer