Forum - General Questions

Question

Ideas/suggestions on getting a soundtrack released?

Dear fellow soundtrack fans,

I'm getting desperate, so I thought it wouldn't hurt to post this here for some help. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions in how one can get an official soundtrack released? There's a LONG backstory that goes with this, so you may want to skip reading the following.

This all started back in 1998 when Cartoon Network was showing re-runs of Thundercats. The one thing I loved most about the show was the background music, composed by Bernard Hoffer. Each Thundercat, vehicle, bad guy, etc. had his or her own special theme song associated with his or her appearance on the screen. The themes were short, but catchy and addictive. I always suspected there was more to each theme, but the series never showcased more than maybe a 30 second snippet of each. There was ONE episode that hinted that each theme was longer than what we were used to hearing. It was the episode where each Thundercat had a portable camera to showcase each of their talents. Instead of looping the usual 30 second snippet, we got to hear more of each theme music Bernie had composed. I've been in love with that music since I first heard it when the show was new back in the 80s.

One day in 1998 or 1999, on a whim, I try to see if I can located Bernie himself via the net. I found an address and wrote to him a typical fan letter about his music and asked if he had copies of the complete music tracks which I could obtain from him. A few months later, I get a reply from Bernie himself saying he would be more than happy to make a copy of what he had for me after he was done touring and producing his latest CD. 2-3 years later, he finally found the cues he had available and gave me a copy. I was pretty ecstatic to get what the tapes he sent me. Each complete music theme brought tears to my eyes. Yeah, I know it sounds sappy, but I had been waiting for 2 decades to hear them in their complete form ;b.

Anyway, I wanted to share this with every Thundercat fan in the world, legally, licensed, and profitable for Bernie X)! Before Bernie gave me the copies though, I signed an agreement that stated I would NOT share or distribute copies of what he gave me since he was NOT the owner of the music which belonged to AOL/Time Warner. I started by contacting via e-mail Rhino Records, one of Warner's record divisions, to see if they would be interested in producing a CD soundtrack, and I got the usual, "Thanks for your suggestion. We'll look into it," replies. I tried contacting the webmaster of the official Rankin/Bass website, Rick Goldschmidt, who is also the author of The Enchanted World of Rankin/Bass book. I had bought a few Rankin/Bass soundtrack CDs from him on eBay, so I asked if he could help. Rick told me that he was in fact working with Rhino Records in trying to re-issue some Rankin/Bass soundtracks, so he said he would try to pass along the Thundercats soundtrack idea to the people he was working with. I even asked my sound engineer friend, who had worked with Bernie on several projects, for help via Rhino Records.

Around this time as well, DC Comics' Wildstorm division was working on the new Thundercats comic book miniseries due for release soon. I found an artist that worked on some preliminary art for the comic book and e-mailed him with this very long story, asking if he would pass along the idea for a soundtrack to Wildstorm division president, Jim Lee, hoping he might have some influence and that it would also help with sales of the comic book. He thought it was great idea and said he would pass along the idea to Lee.

Of course, NOTHING came from any of this --;. Desperate, I asked a friend over at Source Comic Books and Games for help as well. Supposedly, he knows a VP over at DC Comics, so I lent him my tapes to play for the VP. Unfortunately, DC was in a financial crisis at the moment due to AOHELL, so new projects would be out of the question for awhile. After that fiasco was over, my friend from Source and the DC Comics VP went to look up the all important licensing rights for Thundercats on the AOL/Time Warner computers. According to the records, the Thundercats license is actually divided up among several owners including AOL/Time Warner (Please note this was before the Thundercats DVD sets were released!). DC Comics Wildstorm could NOT obtain the rights to publish a Thundercats comic book through their own PARENT COMPANY o-O! Wildstorm had to go through 4Kids Entertainment, who had some partial rights to the property, for the permission to even create the comic miniseries! Needless to say, everything just looked hopeless at this point.

Fast forward 1 year, Warner Bros. announces they plan on releasing the entire Thundercats series to DVD 8}! My hopes were sparked again for an official soundtrack! I passed along the news to Bernie and started going through all my old channels again to see if I could get the idea through to anyone with power in the AOL/Time Warner empire. My channels were still mostly dead-ended though, including my friend at Source who had tried other venues in the hope of getting someone interested in doing such a thing.

In the meantime, another Thundercat fan got me in touch with another fan in the UK who also LOVED Bernie's music. I told him of my efforts, and he told me of his. Apparently he has been trying to do the same thing from the UK as I was o-O, except he was having a little more success than me in some areas. He did an interview with Bernie for his website, which I have no idea if he has put up or not. He also has an all important CONTACT within Warner's archive division. He ASKED Warner archives whether or not it would be possible to obtain Bernie's music cues for Thundercats, and possibly his other Rankin/Bass works, for Bernie's sake since Bernie himself does not have a complete copy of what he had composed. Warner archives told him that, sadly, all the music cues Bernie had composed are scattered throughout several RANDOM unlabeled tapes in the archives O~O! Since Bernie was the composer though, they're willing to recover his music cues for a mere $14,000.00. This was 2-3 years ago, so the price may have gone up since then. The last I heard from my UK counterpart was that he was trying to figure out a way to raise that amount to pay for the recovery of Bernie's music. I passed this along to my Source friend who seemed very interested in the prospect that it would 'only' cost $14,000.00 to recover Bernie's music. He has tried some other outlets for me with no results. Moreover, as I said before, my Source friend is a tough guy to pin down to discuss updates --;.

Anyway, still, I was excited when the part 1 of the first season DVD set hit the shelves. I WAS hoping Warner Bros. would actually do some cool extras for the DVD sets, like MAYBE compiling a soundtrack of themes or anything. That would be close if not exactly what I had been dreaming of these past couple of decades or so. Unfortunately, the geniuses who produced the DVD thought it would be cooler to have interviews with super Thundercat fans like Wil Wheaton saying just how sexy Cheetara looks XP! Okay, I thought maybe Warner would do better for the second DVD set release since Bernie told me he was flown to CA for an INTERVIEW extra on the second set 8D! Things were looking up again until I actually saw what they did with Bernie's interview. In fact, ALL the extras on each DVD set were lackluster to say the least.

The entire series has finished its run on DVD as of last last year if I remember correctly. The Wildstorm comic book series finished off its run around the time the first DVD set came out. The window when Warner could have profited the most from such an idea is long gone and over.

I've run out of ideas and venues to try, so I asked the editor of Previews, the company that distributes comic book related merchandise for comic book stores, for some advice. He suggested an online website or petition about this, but I doubt that would work plus I have no means of setting such a thing up anyway. He did offer to feature it in Previews if I ever did set one up though ;b.

I was wondering if anyone has anymore ideas for this? I've been quietly passionate about this project, so ANY help or ideas would be greatly appreciated 8(! Heck, if anyone actually READS the above and comments, I would be thrilled!

Sincerely,

Sonia Lai

solai, July 17, 2007; 11:16 AM

Answers

Hi Sonia,

If you plan doing it the right way - founding a label, acquiring licensing rights, paying royalties
- then simply forget it. Warner will never even take two seconds to reflect on such a proposal.
Sorry, but that's the way it goes.

If you're really desperate about this music, then I'd suggest to get a computer nerd to rip the
DVDs and do a CD-R edition for you and your friends. That's a nice thing, as long as it doesn't
turn up on eBay... ;-)

Greetz,

David

coma, July 17, 2007; 3:07 PM

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply. That would be an option, but what's available on the DVDs is NOT everything that was actually composed. Like I said somewhere in that mass post, Bernie composed a LOT more music than what was actually showcased for the series, and this is what I'm looking for and what Bernie unfortunately doesn't have copies of either. I was lucky enough to obtain all the music cues Bernie composed for the first 65 episodes of the series from Bernie himself. The rest is lost in the archives.

I'm not legally able to make copies of what Bernie sent me either without incurring the wrath of AOL/Time Warner due to the contract I signed. At the very least, Bernie should have copies of what he composed even if an official soundtrack is out of the question which I have sadly realized over the past decade or so.

Sonia

solai, July 17, 2007; 3:15 PM

Just feel lucky that you got whatever music you have from Bernie.

Have you ever tried contacting Lukas Kendall from FSM?

serifiot, July 17, 2007; 3:49 PM

Hi Sonia,

It's not unusual that a composer doesn't dispose of his proper work. Nowadays even less,
because the filmmusic rights are mostly conveyed in the forefront of a production.

I just reread your post and I must have overlooked a part of a paragraph. WB is asking 14
grand for a recovery of the tapes only???? Which would mean that this ridiculous claim
doesn't implicate any publishing / licensing rights?? I've experienced a lot of stupidities from
major companies, but this is surely the summit!

David

coma, July 17, 2007; 4:02 PM

Hi serifiot and David,

serifiot, I tried asking Lukas Kendall and several other obscure soundtrack producers as well. None of them could offer any help as well. I either never got replies, or I've gotten replies indicating the difficulty in working with Warner Bros. on their properties.

David, according to my UK counterpart, the $14,000.00 only covers recovery of Bernie's music cues for Bernie himself for his own use. It does NOT cover licensing, publishing, or distribution rights, all of which I think still belong to Warner. I'm not even sure how my UK counterpart was able to ask Warner archives about this or how he got the figure. Supposedly, he did help Bernie recover the music cues he had for the first 65 episodes though, but I had always thought Bernie had those already himself.

Sincerely,

Sonia

solai, July 17, 2007; 4:09 PM

I'm still completely baffled. I never heard of such a claim, if the archive belongs to the owner
of the rights. That's so incredibly arrogant, stupid, greedy...

That's even beating Universal France, who were once asking an advance payment of 10.000
Euros before they were willing to discuss the matter. And they didn't even know what I was
after at that point... ;-)

Good luck with your project, though!

David

coma, July 17, 2007; 4:23 PM

Hi David,

According to Bernie, he doesn't even own the rights to the music he composed for the series. Warner Bros. does. The $14,000.00 is to cover labor costs for finding the music cues among the thousands of unlabelled stuff in the archives and working with said 'fragile' tapes to get the music from them. The tapes are supposedly kept under certain conditions to prevent them from deterioration.

My sound engineer friend said he would offer his services for the recovery if he can get credited for the project, but, according to Warner archives, only Warner archivists are allowed to touch the tapes --;.

Thanks again for the reading and the reply! I greatly appreciate it!

Sonia

solai, July 17, 2007; 8:36 PM

You lucky guy, I tried and failed to find a way to reach him. I wanted more than to get something from him -- I also wanted him to be a part of ComposerBase.150m.com.

Can you e-mail me any contact info you have on him?
justinboggan@hotmail.com

As for getting a release, WB is hot & cold on releases. Sometimes they are willing, sometimes their butts shut tighter than a time-lock safe.

It really boils down to, I guess, if any label cares enough. Maybe you should send a copy of what you got to Intrada Records and see if you peak their interest.

$14,000? I'm sure some of us would do it for free.

tharpdevenport, July 17, 2007; 8:17 PM

Hi tharpdevenport,

Thanks for reading and for the reply! Yeah, I really feel lucky to have gotten what I do have. The extended tracks Bernie composed are simply AMAZING!

I'll e-mail Bernie and ask if would be okay for me to give you his contact information, and I'll get back to you on this. I actually found Bernie's snail mail business address via Google all those years ago.

Intrada Records? Would they be able to 'negotiate' something with Warner Bros. though?

My comic book store friend said that if Warner did release such a thing, he could probably sell 20+ copies of it in his little store within a week.

Again, thanks for the suggestions and post!

Sonia

solai, July 17, 2007; 8:32 PM

I suggested Intrada.com because either them, or Percepto.com, would probably have any interest in such a thing, otherwise your up a creek of people who don't care.

I remember seeing some episode about a unicorn, and being taken by the scoring. Too bad I don't own a TV, otherwise I'd be watching it to spot more score.

I usually am the ones who champions TV scores, in fact -- people sometimes make fun of me.

The AFM re-use fees changed AGAIN, this time benefitting older scores, so it might be financially possible to do this. But it also depends on how much red tape there is since these studios have been buying each other like crazy these passed years and the rights are a tough thing to sort.

tharpdevenport, July 17, 2007; 10:41 PM

Hi Sonia,

First thing: hats off to you for your continuing effort in trying to make this music available to all - many of us dream about doing something like this, but few have actually invested that much effort throughout several years!

I can only say I would second the suggestion of contacting either Douglass Fake or Roger Feigelson of Intrada. They might not only be interested in actually releasing this, but would surely get back to you immediately concerning suggestions on how to proceed (or whether it is definitely futile to keep trying).

What i've read in various forums throughout the past few years it seems that Warner Bros. - together with Paramount - seem to be the antichrists in dealing with. But maybe one just needs the right bait to tempt them with?

If you haven't done so already, please post this story in the forums of intrada and fsm - i'm sure help and/or suggestions will also pop up there - from people that are thoroughly and professionally experienced with situations as this.

The best of luck and

best wishes,

Burnie

blinddoc, July 18, 2007; 4:08 AM

I got lost on this thred around 125 miles back.

So the guy sends you a recording of some of his cues and you would like to see them released commercially? Why?

Why wouldn't you just accept it and keep it for yourself. Seems to me that's what the composer of these scores would prefer that you do.

Someone once told a story on another forum about contacting composer Kenyon Hopkins and corresponding for a bit back in the day of the written letter sent through the US postal system.

Kenyon Hopkins sends him a cassette recording of an obscure score of his written for television years ago. I've often thought how great it would be to listen to something like that... an obscure television score by Kenyon Hopkins, never released and originally recorded on the reel to reel format and having sat on a shelf somewhere for decades. A magical artifact of mysterious beauty, not lost, not found and in danger of being unappreciated by those who would.

I suppose that's my way of thinking about it on a personal level. On a business level, the money grubbing bastards who have the say in and when something is exploited commercially most likely have no heart for it on a personal level. Those holding copyrights wouldn't bother with something likely to not generate much dough.

They're in it for the money. Why would they bother picking a penny up off the sidewalk?

I say enjoy it, keep it to yourself or share it with those who have a mutual interest.

As I'm sure you know, beware who you share it with for some loser could very well slam together a cheepo bootleg from the gift you recieved in order to make a quick couple of dollars.

I don't know why I've been compelled to contribute to this thred. Just a few thoughts on life, love, greed and corruption.

victoravalentine, July 18, 2007; 12:41 PM

Hi tharpdevenport, Burnie, and workingwithknives,

Many thanks for the replies and for reading!

tharpdevenport, Bernie just e-mailed me an okay to send you some information, so I will be e-mailing that you right after this. I think I tried Percepto once, but I never got a reply from them. I guess it wouldn't hurt to try again with them and Intrada. Rankin/Bass and Bernie employed a full orchestra to score the TV series, which according to the extras that were on the DVD set, was considered quite costly and unheard of at the time.

Burnie, thanks for the suggestions! I greatly appreciate it and the wishes of luck! Where is Intrada's and FSM's forums? I've never been there before. I think I tried e-mailing FSM once a long while back about this, and whomever answered said the prospects of such a thing would be grim. I guess it won't hurt if I try again.

workingwithknives, thanks for the reply! I greatly appreciate it! Why do I want to see these cues commercially released? I'm deliriously grateful to even get what Bernie had available, the music cues for the first 65 episodes of the series, but Bernie composed a LOT more cues for this series, which went on beyond 65 episodes, along with another batch for Silverhawks. The cues he composed for the new villains of the series, the Lunatics and their tower, are phenomenal! The ones he did for Silverhawks are just as spectacular and mesmorizing as the ones for Thundercats. Unfortunately, Bernie does NOT have copies of these himself, so besides wanting to get Bernie some recognition, I'm hoping such a endeavor would help Bernie, and we fans, obtain the missing compositions which are lost in the Warner archive. A whole generation of kids grew up listening to this while watching Rankin/Bass' shows. It defined the whole generation. Bernie doesn't even have an entry here in the SoundtrackCollector.net database because all his work has never been commercially released, and I consider him to be my favorite composer. I just want Bernie to get the recognition he deserves as well as get more music from the Warner archives that Bernie doesn't have himself.

Don't worry. I know all too well about bootleggers, and I've made sure NOT to share what I have with people like that. I've only lent out my tapes to 3 select people I know VERY well, one of which played the tapes for a DC Comics VP. I don't want to see what Bernie gave me bootlegged for profit ever!

Again, thanks for reading and replying!

Sonia

solai, July 18, 2007; 2:39 PM

The problem with Percepto is that it's a one man operation -- litterally just the one guy doing everything there, so time is scarce for him.

Intrada folks are quite good at getting back to you very timely, usually the same day!

[b]workingwithknives[/b], the problem with that is there are folks out there who DO NOT want a CD-R copy, they only want to BUY things. I've read their comments at score boards. They'll never know the joy of the music without doing it, and then there are also people out there who don't feel comfortable trading, people who are morally against it (for legal reasons), and those who don't even know about it. An official release, properly marketed, solves these problems, and can benefit the composer financially -- heck, maybe even get him some more work!

[b]slai[/b], never got the e-mail. Can you send it again? This time sending it twice? For some reasons I sometimes have problems receiving all the e-mails sent to that account.

tharpdevenport, July 18, 2007; 3:38 PM

Hi tharpdevenport,

I just sent you another e-mail ;)! Please e-mail me back to confirm that you got it okay! Thanks.

Sonia

solai, July 18, 2007; 3:17 PM

Got it. :-)

tharpdevenport, July 18, 2007; 4:29 PM

Don't forget Perseverance Records or La-La Land Records.

It might be a long shot but how about Varese Sarabande?

Good luck!

serifiot, July 18, 2007; 8:49 PM

Hi serifot,

Thanks! I'll give them a try as well ;)!

Sonia

solai, July 19, 2007; 4:15 PM

Hello

I think there are two things possible:

1. Do the marketing (eg set up a petition or web site) and generate an idea of the demand for the product. This can be persuasive for you or any record company.

2. Produce a CD with what you have (licensed through Warners)and then it might lead to Warners seeing there is demand (and money) for what they have.

Andrew

andrewdbaird, July 20, 2007; 12:47 PM

Hi Andrew,

Hi, thanks for the reply and suggestions! I greatly appreciate it! Like I said above, I have absolutely no clue on how to setup a website as you and the Previews editor suggested O~O! I've been online since ~1990, and I've never setup a website of my own.

I've seen many website around petitioning for several causes, but none of them seem to get the attention of the people in charge, which is what worries me. Many don't seem to do a thing which is why I ask if that sort of thing works or not. In any case, I would need a LOT of help in figuring out how to do that, but I can't seem to find anyone I know to help sadly.

As for creating my own CD from what I did get from Bernie, a sound engineer friend of mine who had worked for Bernie is trying to do that, but, as is life, it's taking him a long time to do so. He did give me his 'work in progress' though, but that is just a basic transfer of what Bernie gave me to CD. Like I also said above, I'm legally barred from doing anything but lend out what I have to friends I trust to listen to them. I'm not sure how I can generate much interest if I can't actually share what I have, plus I don't want any EVIL bootleggers to get their hands on what I have and profit from it.

Thanks for the ideas though! If I ever do get a website up and running, I'll be sure to let you know!

Sonia

solai, July 20, 2007; 7:47 PM

Sonia

I would follow the advice of one - set about getting a petition - get a website going and find out as much as you can about the interest surrounding ThunderCats, all this information is relevent to your cause if you are serious about it - don't think Warner will do this for you, they have their own interest in mind.

Someone I knew a few years ago tried getting Thundercats made into a movie - in fact they wanted to compose the soundtrack for it - support was there for this venture but when questioned Warner about support and allowing others to do this their reaction was one that pointed out that this was already in hand, suggesting a movie was in mind.......................

..............take that as you will, this was a few years ago, maybe they have dropped their plans but with Transformers doing well at the box-office don't be surprised to see something soon....

.........get your finger out and pester - good luck!

chartfields, July 22, 2007; 3:24 PM

I can set u pa basic website. I created and run:

http://www.RejectedFilmScores.150m.com
http://www.DavidNewmanFilmMusic.150m.com
http://www.ComposerBase.150m.com

For examples.

tharpdevenport, July 22, 2007; 4:46 PM

Hi leuthedog and tharpdevenport,

leuthedog, funny you should mention a Thundercats big screen film. Another one of my contacts, an animation cel dealer in CA, said there is currently some talk about a CGI-film as of last month:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117966320.html?categoryid=13

Perhaps interest was sparked by the recent Transformers hit. I know for years there have been limited Transformers Movie soundtrack score releases (at least 3 separate CDs from the original animated film), besides the widely distributed one that only included the songs from the movies. Seeing those succeed makes me wonder why I can't get one released for Thundercats as well even if in just limited capacity? Even Knight Rider has a couple of limited soundtrack CD releases as well, so why not Thundercats as well?

tharpdevenport, thanks for the offer! I greatly appreciate it! I have NO idea how to setup even a basic website, so I'm thinking of contacting one of the fan websites for ideas. If I figure out anything for an independend site, I'll be sure to let you know though! Thanks again!

Sonia

solai, July 23, 2007; 6:29 PM

Sonia

The interest in making a movie wasn't due to Transformers - Warners, from what I know, had been interested in a very long time in getting it off the ground. I think the fact that Transformers has been a major hit has helped getting the progress needed.

As a hint to you - sometimes the film industry will test the water as to how popular things are - they may test the water with releases on DVD, simple merchandise and 'rumours' - getting financial feedback, as well as trying to generate interest, benefits many people - so, now is the time to progress further with your efforts too!

It may come to nothing - the industry as we all know is extremely fickle but if you don't try...... :o)

chartfields, July 23, 2007; 8:30 PM

Hi leuthedog,

Ah, thanks for the clarification! That's another thing. Supposedly, sales for the Thundercats DVDs were quite good. If I remember correctly, it ranked among the top 10 or 15 DVDs in sales on Amazon during its first week of release. That's why I was hoping Warner would be more 'open' to the idea of a soundtrack, but I guess they have other plans instead. Sigh, I'm still hoping though. There are a ton of other old animated TV soundtracks I would like released as well. I know there is a market for it, but I don't think anyone wants to take the risk.

Sonia

solai, July 24, 2007; 7:15 PM

Sonia

If you're determined and get a petition going I'm sure something will happen. I have heard that record labels would certainly consider releasing a CD if they know enough people will buy the soundtrack in order for them to make it worth while (profitability).....don't give up.

You're clearly a fan of this type of music - do you know many with similar taste (of animated TV soundtracks) - get together with them. You could also visit other soundtrack sites, visit the forums and post as many messages to see what kind of responses you get - you may even get someone willing to help out in getting out a petition.

Whatever happens, good luck and don't give up. :o)

chartfields, July 24, 2007; 8:33 PM

Hi leuthedog,

Wow, I've never heard of many petitions actually working, hence my post here.

I would LOVE to set up a website and petition for this, but I have no idea how ;(! Also, sadly, I don't know of anyone else, besides myself and a few of my friends, who are interested. I don't think my friends are as passionate as I am about this either. I tried asking for help on my blog, but none of my friends replied. I figure they either didn't read my long winded entry or have no idea on what to suggest either.

I got a reply from Intrada and Perseverance Records, and, unfortunately, neither are interested either. Now I'm afraid of posting in Intrada's own forums about this. Do you know of any other popular soundtrack website forums I may try?

Again, thanks for the encouragement and suggestions! I greatly appreciate it!

Sonia who will never give up!

solai, July 25, 2007; 8:17 PM

Sonia

Petitions do work - do you remember when Jaws had its Special 25th Anniversary Edition?

Many fans of the movie were extremely disappointed that many out-takes did not feature along with certain other "trival" elements - some got a petition going and low-and-behold another Edition was released..........with most of everything that the fans complained that was missing!

Even Star Wars - many releases but fans just are not satisfied - so they moan, complain and eventually they get what they want.

The industry does listen but it has to be a strong case - you also need to be determined.

If I were you I'd try and research just how many fan base sites there are for ThunderCats - get them all involved. Many fans don't normally want just DVDs - they want everything and that includes soundtracks. Though soundtraack forums are also a good place the forum themselves are aimed at every genre and artist known - drop hints (again research the net for the sites):

Here are some to get you started (though you may have tried them already):

www.moviemusic.com
www.scorereviews.com
www.soundtrack.net
www.tracksounds.net

As I say, these forums are aimed at everyone and not anything too specific other than soundtracks - get to the fan based sites of ThunderCats and state what you want to do.

As I've said - it ain't gonna be easy and your efforts may come to nothing (got to be realistic) but it can be a strong possibility that you may succeed but you do need that support from others, it isn't something you can really do on your own.

As for a website - didn't someone here offer some assistance?

chartfields, July 25, 2007; 8:57 PM

Hi leuthedog,

Wow, many thanks for the sites and advice! After trying all these years alone, I know I need help. A LOT of help. I'm going to try and post to the forums you listed as well as some Thundercat ones. Wish me luck!

Sonia

solai, July 26, 2007; 3:56 PM

Yes, I offered to set him up a site, but Sonia never took my offer.

tharpdevenport, July 26, 2007; 9:51 PM

Hi tharpdevenport,

I really appreciate the offer, but I have NO idea how to even setup a website O~O! I barely know any HTML or how one designs a webpage for this sort of thing 8(!

Sonia

solai, July 26, 2007; 9:57 PM

Sonia

From what I am gathering is that tharpdevenport will set up the website for you therefore you needn't worry about HTML or the lack of knowledge you may have where websites are concerned.......you just need to work with him so he knows more about what you want etc.

I personally think this is a way forward for you, and (I say this kindly) don't think you have to do everything, there are people out there willing to help you out but you must take up these opportunities if you are to succeed.

chartfields, July 27, 2007; 8:02 AM

Hi tharpdevenport and leuthedog,

Wow, is that what you meant, tharpdevenport o-O? After working alone for all these years, because I have had a hard time finding people to actually help me with anything, I had thought you meant you would offer to host the website. If you can help me set it up properly, I more than happily accept 8D! Please e-mail me at the address I used to send you Bernie's info then! THANK YOU!

Sonia ;) happy NOT to be alone in this

solai, July 27, 2007; 2:53 PM

Hi guys,

Hi, again! I found my U.K. counterpart's interview with Bernie on a Thundercats website along with a download to Cheetara's COMPLETE THEME MUSIC! The download comes from another source besides Bernie, my U.K. friend, or myself that another Thundercats fan has found from another recording. Would it be okay for me to post the link to that interview and music download here? I've gotten permission from the website's owner to post that link to the page containing the interview and download in hopes of sparking some more interest. I'm not sure if posting the link would violate the forums' policies, so I thought I should ask first. Please let me know! Thanks.

Sincerely,

Sonia

solai, August 1, 2007; 5:31 PM

Hello Sonia, can you contact me via email dlaurent@fastmail.fm
Thank you
Laurent

igf1, August 7, 2008; 8:01 AM

Hi Sonia

First of all let me just say that I think you have done great so far with your persistence and hard work in trying to obtain Bernard Hoffers entire thundercats score. It's great that he sent you some of his music.

I have a few suggestions.

1 Create a facebook group dedicated to the release of this music with a link to the petition.

2 Create a Youtube video which explains what you are trying to do with a link to the petition.

3 Join every single webisite which is dedicted to Thundercats and soundtracks and spead the word.

4 Ask the people who have the music in storage if you can voluntarily search for the music in their archives.

I am trying to get Shuki Levys Real Ghostbusters score released.

Here's a link to my petition.

http://www.petitiononline.com/rgbmusic/petition.html

email me on maglavagna@yahoo.com. I'd like to talk to you.

maglavagna, November 14, 2008; 8:02 PM

Contribute an answer