Forum - General Questions

Question

BULLITT Jazz Quartet

Hi guys,

I'd appreciate it very much, if someone could provide some information on the jazz quartet
playing live in the restaurant scene with McQueen and Jacky Bisset. The music bases around
a beautifully reduced dialogue between guitar and bass and then turns into a solo by a female
flutist.

The song isn't featured on the soundtrack recording and I didn't manage to find any
information on the band or the song they play. :-(((

Thanks for your help!

David

coma, August 18, 2007; 5:48 PM

Answers

As much as I love that score I've never seen the film. Perhaps someone at Aleph records might know.
By the way, have you listened to the tracks from Bullitt on "Hitchcock Master Of Mayhem"?

victoravalentine, August 19, 2007; 1:35 PM

MERIDIAN WEST
guitarist: Larry Vogt
bassist: Nat Johnson
flautist: Julie Iger-Roseman
percussionist: Al Pimental

zuvqwyx3, August 23, 2007; 3:05 PM

Wow! That's great, thank you very much, zuvqwyx3!

coma, August 23, 2007; 1:28 PM

You're welcome. I have more information now. Sorry I can't tell you the exact piece, though. For as far down as I've been able to dig, they only released a couple albums, in tiny numbers: one a 45 titled simply "Meridian", the other an LP from a period AFTER the movie, with the reverend Cecil Williams.

Word at the beginning of this year was, a reunion album was planned. For more information, jiroseman@sbcglobal.net (guess who that is?).

zuvqwyx3, August 23, 2007; 3:23 PM

I've done a quick research, but the result was more than discouraging. You can't find any
information on the band, they're not even featured on allmusic.com.

But it's quite a relief to finally know who played the gig in this scene!

coma, August 23, 2007; 5:14 PM

http://www.meridianwest1968.com/Meridian_West_info.html here is a webpage which although briefly tells you something about Meridian West who actually appear in the Movie Bullitt but not on the soundtrack as it is other session musicians. Julie Iger - Roseman also has a facebook page and is currently involved with The Monterey County Composers Forum.

george.fazakas, November 15, 2017; 7:24 AM

Hi I know its a bit too late to answer but i love the music and have recorded the
song/scene if you want me to send it

kimayoub, September 16, 2019; 5:56 PM

Contribute an answer