Forum - Looking for a soundtrack

Question

Nick Bicat's score from "A Christmas Carol"

Hello everyone,

Would anyone else here be interested in having Nick Bicat's score from the 1984 version of "A Christmas Carol"?

Long ago I emailed him though his official website, asking about this score...and just last week he himself emailed me back to say that he has it available for sale. Not through his website, just through Nick Bicat himself. Curious indeed, but this would be a dream CD come true.

Has anyone else had any past experiences in communicating with Nick Bicat? If so, is this normal operating procedure for him?

At any rate, I provided him with my mailing address as he requested so he could send me a Paypal invoice, but I'm still waiting for that to come.

If any other members of this forum are interested in this score, by all means please let him know. If he is inundated with requests, it might help to get the ball rolling for everyone concened!!

dollmanaj, December 11, 2007; 1:02 PM

Answers

I'd be very interested to know if you are successful in obtaining this soundtrack!

drakesc, December 30, 2007; 11:44 AM

I received the soundtrack today!!!

I emailed Nick Bicat, he sent the Paypal invoice, I paid and the CD subsequently came.

23 tracks with a total of 52 minutes of music from the film!

Superb!

gazmccarthy, February 1, 2008; 4:33 PM

Hi-

I would be very interested in this score if someone could provide me with an e-mail address for Nick.

-Steve

sparsons1, May 6, 2008; 12:18 AM

I have been looking for that soundtrack, and would love to get a copy

cohara1950, September 19, 2008; 7:59 PM

I too am keen to get a copy of the score and, in particular, the track entitled "A change of heart".

If anyone has details of Nick's email address (rather than contacting through the website) or a copy of the soundtrack that they are willing to sell, please let me know.

josh_harvey, November 10, 2008; 8:00 AM

I'd love a copy!!!

mazo.jessica, December 7, 2008; 11:11 PM

I sent Mr. Bicat a message requesting how I might purchase the CD and haven't heard back.
Anybody else had any luck? Thanks!

tdoupe [at] gmail.com

tdoupe, December 10, 2008; 4:55 PM

I emailed him too - still no luck. If anyone has a copy and wishes to sell, please let me know.

josh_harvey (at) hotmail(dot) com

josh_harvey, December 11, 2008; 12:29 PM

I emailed him again from a non-hotmail address and received a response within the day.

The CD cost was £15 plus £3 p&p and it arrived two days after the payment was made.

The CD consists of 23 tracks and is excellent.

josh_harvey, January 8, 2009; 7:09 AM

I've contacted him through his site several times over the last year (from more than one internet account) and haven't yet gotten a response. If there's a soundtrack out there, I'm just desperate for it.

I'm wondering if it's because I'm outside the UK. Just a thought.

Any suggestions?

scott.atoz, August 28, 2009; 7:42 PM

Anyone? Just a little bump from someone who desperately wants this soundtrack. :)

scott.atoz, October 28, 2009; 8:24 PM

If anyone has a way to purchase this score, I would be most appreciative. Please let me know!

jasoncicci, November 9, 2009; 4:52 PM

I have contacted nick bicat's website for over 1 year and still no response...any info would be most appreciated to obtain this wonderful score.
Thanks Jerry

gjg201, November 13, 2009; 4:02 PM

Well, after trying at least 4 times over the past year-and-a-half, I decided to try one more time this morning...and got a response from Mr. Bicat within a couple hours!

He apologized for the difficulty in reaching him, and suggested that it may be due to maintenance with his website (which is currently being worked on).

Anyone still wanting the soundtrack is encouraged to keep trying -- it pays off!

scott.atoz, November 23, 2009; 7:40 PM

To josh_harvey --
Glad you were able to purchase a copy!
If you have any other info.. i'd love to know... i am trying to order
a copy, too!
many thanks!
marc barlow

m-barlow@tampabay.rr.com

www.facebook.com/marc.barlow

thank you!

# # #
www.myspace.com/marc_b_fl

m-barlow, December 8, 2009; 11:03 AM

I would never of thought of contacting the composer directly!
I have just emailed him with a request to purchase the soundtrack. Fingers crossed!

JJx

jjlehay, December 10, 2009; 7:57 AM

HI,

I really want to give this epic soundtrack to my dad for Christmas, but I need Nick's email address first. I would be very grateful if someone could PLEASE provide me with it so I can order the CD asap.

Thank you so much!

My email address is: knightongirl1192@yahoo.com

knightongirl1192, November 17, 2010; 8:29 PM

I have been having consistent responses from Nick Bicat. He got me the vocal/piano for "God Bless Us Everyone" for my brother's Christmas concert and he is sending me the Soundtrack to "The Christmas Carol". I initially went to his blog and made my request, but since have been going back and forth through email. He's getting back to me the day of, so maybe those of you who are not having any success, try going through his blog first. Hope I was somewhat helpful.

agregson7, December 30, 2010; 9:00 PM

Nick Bicat's Score From "A Christmas Carol"

This beautiful score (23 tracks) is available at nickbicat.com You can listen to the whole score for free or buy a CD. He uses Paypal to transfer the money.

california53.1, October 28, 2011; 5:19 PM

Contribute an answer