Forum - Looking for a soundtrack

Question

THE KILLER (1989) soundtrack?

Hello, I'm new here, this is my first post, although I check soundtrackcollector almost every day for the last few years.

Does anyone knows - is there anywhere music from John Woo's 1989 "The Killer"?

Thank you.

montreux, October 26, 2008; 12:58 PM

Answers

Hi,
I was looking for soundtrack from this great movie a few years ago. Unfortunately soundtrack was never released and the score composed by Lowell Lo is just perfect and the title song is really beautiful.

michal.ulvr, October 27, 2008; 11:44 AM

Hey Montreux,

Too bad there isn't a soundtrack released for John Woo's epic. The title song is on Sally Yeh's album "Face to Face" (1989). The album, unfortunately, is now out-of-print and difficult to find. The rest of the album, in my opinon, is not nearly as good as the one song heard in the film. It's pretty much your standard Eastern-pop record, although it is still, overall, a good album--Yeh's voice is beautiful. It pops up on e-bay every once in a while. If you want to hear just the track from the Killer soundtrack, you can follow this link: http://www.imeem.com/people/Lww-G2h/music/TGzYl5su/sally_yeh_chin_yui_yat_sang_theme_song_from_the_movie_the/

Kindest regards,
Jeremy

Jmicpilars, October 27, 2008; 12:43 PM

I guess you're looking for the original score, but here's my 2 cents:
If you can find the soundtrack of "No Mercy" (Alan Silvestri) you already have 1/4 of "The Killer".
Many Asian films recycle old soundtracks. An overseas lawsuit turns out too costly for American companies, so they let this slide.

rinse_dream, October 27, 2008; 1:11 PM

Thank you for answers.

michal - I assumed that, but I wanted to check here anyway, because it could have been that someone has it in private collection or in some obscure Asian edition or bootleg...

Fantallusion - thanks for the link and for info... but I'm in fact touched by instrumental music form The Killer...
Here's one link you could all check:
www.kungfucinema.com/forums/showpost.php?p=54632&postcount=1

rinse_dream - I'm not familiar with that movie and soundtrack, although I like Silvestri. I'll try to find it, because that info you gave me really intrugues me.
You're absolutely right with second part of your post. But I would call it STEALING.
Brilliant track "Hummell gets the rockets" from the score for "The rock" (1996) is used in great Japanese WW2 movie "Yamato" (2005) during the most exciting scenes. It matches the movie perfectly - but one must wonder - how is it possible that the most advanced nation in the known universe is not able to come up with original score for the huge blockbuster (Yamato is NOT some obscure B-movie!)... producer, "composer"... they don't feel shame?

montreux, October 27, 2008; 7:30 PM

rinse_dream - I've spend a few weeks to get "No Mercy" by Alan Silvestri. I'm sorry to find out that I CAN'T hear music from "The Killer" on that soundtrack.
But - off topic - on the same CD (together with "No Mercy") there was also "Super Mario Bros." by Silvestri. And I've immediately realised that the most entertaining melody from "Super Mario" is TOO similar to the melody called "A new carpet" from Nino Rota's "The godfather - part II".

montreux, November 24, 2008; 6:55 PM

If youre thinking about the music used in the US cut
(havenĀ“t seen the original Asian version)
There are music from Hero and the terror by David Michael Frank and also from Red Heat by James Horner

danny_swede, November 27, 2008; 3:19 PM

Just look at a one YouTube user, AngeloRipertto, he is the only one person i know that posts rare and unreleased OST's from John Woo films such a A Better Tomorrow I and II, Just Heroes and, of course, The Killer.

I must notify you that he also makes soundtrack rip's of the films that their Ost is hard to find our out of print. You can check his channel.

egorsukh98, May 25, 2013; 10:54 AM

Also, If you're looking to The Killer (1989) soundtrack, I must tell you that in this film appear this OST's from films such as--

Red Heat (1989) - Music cues such as Victor Escapes, Russian Streets and Hotel appear in the first part of The Killer movie.

No Mercy (1986) - Track named 'The Barge' appears in The Killer film.

Hero And The Terror (1988) - This time I must tell you that in the film they mixed Red Heat music track "Russian Streets" with Hero And The Terror music track.

And that is all what I know about The Killer OST. If you want to know about A Better Tomorrow complete ost, I can tell you that there appear music tracks from 5 different movies like...

52 Pick-Up -- Some music tracks of this film appear in A Better Tomorrow 2. Tracks like "Abduction" and "Leo Gets It". This OST is very very very very HARD TO FIND!!!!!.

Parole de Flic (1985) -- Music tracks from this french movie also appear in A Better Tomorrow 2. Tracks like "Confession Rainer", "Dinamyte/Salem", "Chantier Buildings" and "Containers" appear in some parts of the John Woo's movie.

Starman (1984)-- Track named "Road Block" appears when Kit was shot by the killer with sunglasses. This soundtrack is easy to find and you can download it.

No Mercy (1986) --- The track called "The Barge" appears also in The Killer and A Better Tomorrow 2 film. Nothing more to tell.

So, If you want the complete soundtrack from The Killer and A Better Tomorrow secuels, you can tell me and i'll pass you the right links to that music or you can just look AngeloRipperto channel on YouTube, cause nobody more knows about that rare scores more than that guy! So, I hope this info helped you.

You can contact to me with my email * egorsukh98@gmail.com !!!

egorsukh98, May 25, 2013; 11:13 AM

THE KILLER SOUNDTRACK IS ALREADY RELEASED!!!! IT IS BY RAUDIOCSAR, A SMALL COMPANY. YOU CAN FIND IT IN YOUTUBE!!!! JUST PUT RaudioCsar OR SIMPLY raudiocsar.

egorsukh98, July 14, 2013; 2:52 PM

Contribute an answer