Forum - Looking for a soundtrack

Question

Academy awards intro

Hey does ne one know the names of the soundtacks that was used in the 2005 academy awards introduction movie? It was that intro that had a bunch of windowed films piled on top of each other. So far i only know that lord of the rings and an eminem song was used, but what were the rest from?

, February 28, 2005; 7:47 PM

Answers

Alan Silvestri's THE POLAR EXPRESS was also featured in the opening montage.

As for the rest of the ceremony, here's a list which I compiled based on the works I recognized:

Here's a list of the film music I recall hearing during the telecast:

- LORD OF THE RINGS (Shore) [opening montage]
- THE POLAR EXPRESS (Silvestri) [opening montage]
- THE TERMINATOR (Fiedel) [Chris Rock's entrance; going to commercial; end credits]
- STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE (Goldsmith) [going to commercial)
- James Bond Theme (Norman) [Pierce Brosnan's entrance]
- LAURA (Raksin) [going to commercial]
- CONTACT (Silvestri) [Johnny Carson tribute]
- Fanfare for Oscar (Goldsmith) [President of the Academy's entrance]
- MEET JOE BLACK (T. Newman) [Sydney Lumet segment]
- TITANIC (Horner) [Kate Winslet's entrance]
- THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN (E. Bernstein) [going to commercial]
- CHINATOWN (Goldsmith) [going to commercial)
- THE LAND BEFORE TIME (Horner) [Roger Mayer segment]

thx99, March 1, 2005; 10:47 PM

ok that helps. There is one specific song title i am trying to find out that was in teh ontro montage. It was a classical piece was volcals in it. That is the ebst description i can give (of course it was not eminem :p)

Also, what song from the polar express was in teh montage?

Thanks for the response!!

, March 2, 2005; 3:26 AM

hey, since we're at it. i have a question. at the end of the academy awards ceremony, a theme was played. it's a glamorous theme, it gives you that feel. maybe you remember it. as soon as the ceremony was over, this theme was played. and it'S not the one from terminator. i dont thinks it'S listed in the message above.
if someone here is from germany, that same theme is played or was played in the intro of the bullyparade.

can anyone here help me out, it's a theme i wanted for very long. the name and artist, i gotta get it

, March 10, 2005; 4:37 AM

Contribute an answer