Forum - General Questions

Question

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels Movie Soundtrack

Michael Caine (Lawrence) is dancing with (Janice Colgate) in the hotel bar, while Steve Martin (Freddy) is in his wheelchair soliciting the help of English sailors to kidnap Lawrence. Lawrence and Janice are dancing to a slow song and I'm trying to find the name and singer of that song. There's no CD soundtrack available for the movie (only the Broadway play), so I'm trying to locate the name of the song and female artist so I can buy the music.

One of the four songs listed in the movie soundtrack is Celui Qui S'en Va by Marie Myriam, Courtesy of WEA Music France and Laureen Music. This may be the song. Unfortunately, several albums are listed when I do a search for this song title, but none with Marie Myriam as the singer. Several of the albums also show a release date after the 1988 movie release date.

Please help me locate the music for this song in the movie.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hal Burke
hburke@xttrium.com

hburke, May 17, 2005; 6:12 PM

Answers

Did you ever find out who was the singer. I am also interested in buying the music.

jcdibello, November 15, 2006; 9:50 PM

No. I've been unable to locate the music.

hburke, November 16, 2006; 12:31 PM

Hi, I also have been searching for some time to find the above track.
It's a song called ''Celui Qui S'en Va'' by Marie Myriam, however, i have not yet located where i can obtain or download it from. Did you ever have any luck?

Les Mitchell
les.mitchell51@hotmail.co.uk

les.mitchell51, March 29, 2009; 10:52 AM

Contribute an answer