Forum - Looking for a soundtrack

Question

BREWSTER'S MILLIONS soundtrack - I need help

I'm searching the Brewster's millions film (1985) soundtrack, but I haven't found it. This soundtrack was published or not?
I'm searching this soundtrack because I need the Patti Labelle's song "In the nick of time". Is there someone that can help me about this song if, perhaps, I can find it also in other CDs, please?
Thank you!

extracop, December 20, 2005; 10:28 PM

Answers

I wish I had better news for you, but I found this on a Huey Lewis website:

While Huey Lewis & The News worked on their fourth album, intelligently entitled Fore!,
they were approached by Robert Zemeckis and Bob Gale to write a couple of songs for the
movie Back to the Future. "The Power of Love" was the single released from the
soundtrack, and it gave the band their very first #1 single. The song "Back in Time" was
very popular, but was never released commercially as a single in the U.S. One other song
was written for the movie, called "In the Nick of Time", but for whatever reasons, the
song was not given to the Back to the Future soundtrack. Instead, it was given to the
movie Brewster's Millions, and was recorded by Patti LaBelle. However, the song was
never released, and a movie soundtrack was never produced.

pdishal, December 21, 2005; 8:48 AM

Thank you very much for your answer, pdishal. Patient... I will record it from the final signature tune of film. What Huey Lewis site have you seen, please?

extracop, December 21, 2005; 2:07 PM

Here's the link to the website; hopefully it will work:

http://www.bttf.com/lewis.htm

pdishal, December 22, 2005; 4:32 AM

extracop, have you recorded the song Nick of Time yet? If so, would you be willing to share it? My email is mc_lynch@comcast.net, Thx, Chris Lynch

mc_lynch, July 19, 2010; 4:05 PM

MC LYNCH, I'm the old "extracop" customer. About 6 years are spent since you requested to me the song.
I tried a lot of options, but I never found its original version.
I worked hard for a lot of time but now I can say that I have the complete version of this song. I erased noise and voices where possible, replaced some little parts of sound "buried" by voices or noises, duplicated little sampling to have correct time and music and now... HERE IS "In the nick of time" perfect! If you desire to have it to share it, please tell me your address and I send it to you. Only a little particular: is an about 56 Megabytes .wav file. Could your e-mail box receive a file like this one or it's better the We transfer service? It's better to write to my e-mail address directly, otherwise you'll wait again 6 years! :-) ccl3no2@yahoo.it

ccl3no2, May 12, 2016; 4:10 PM

Now if there's somebody that wants to have the song I published it on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg35N2ipVXc

ccl3no2, May 19, 2016; 8:58 AM

Contribute an answer