Forum - General Questions

Question

No Lisa and the Devil-CD

According to Claudio Fuiano from Digit there will be no CD from Mario Bava´s Lisa and the Devil. They asked Cam if they have the tapes and their answer is surprising. Lisa and the Devil has no original score! The music in this film consists only of library music, even Carlo Savina´s theme was only written for the CAM-library.

moenter.melle, May 5, 2006; 9:17 PM

Answers

You have no idea how terribly disappointed I am now!

Are they insane?! This would have been such a sell out release! One of Bava's best and most visual films not having its music released?!
What kind of tribute are they having to the film music of Mario Bava's films without ''Lisa And The Devil''???
I was even tinking and hoping they would soon release ''Lisa And the Devil'' together with ''House Of Exorcism'' as a bonus.

WHY damn it??? What is this library music anyway? What do they mean not original score? So what?

The *Concerto d'Aranjuez* theme and the variations used throughout the film might not be original film music but what about the rest of the fim music used?
Also, was not the theme by Carlo Savina in the opening titles and if I remember correctly in the closing titles as well, an original piece of music written specifically for "Lisa And The Devil"???
Even if it was not, and even if all the rest of the music is not original, again... so what?!

Original or not, there are too many desperate Bava fans out there who will be so disappointed by this ridiculous decision and who would plead and beg to finally, after all this time and after the official DVD release which interestingly enough is now sold out and out of print and quite hard to find, see an official release of the soundtrack to Mario Bava's best... ''Lisa And The Devil''!

Damn! Damn! Damn! Very very disappointed!!

:- ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

serifiot, May 24, 2006; 3:46 AM

Well, if the score consists only of CAM-Library-tracks then this decision is just wrong !!

But securing and paying the rights for music cues from other libraries would be a nightmare, I think.

But, one the top of my wishlist is CAT`S VICTIMS anyway.

Regards

goldsmithsonian, May 6, 2006; 3:08 PM

A summarized response I received from Digitmovies is as follows:

No master tapes exist for ''Lisa And The Devil''.

The soundrack was a compilation of library music, pop variations of *Concerto D'Aranjuez* and only one original composition by Carlo Savina dedicated to his wife titled... ''To Mirna'' which does exist as a single track in a promotional Carlo Savina LP.

Perhaps available in a rare mid 70's Philips LP, the pop variations of *Concerto D'Aranjuez* by the Paul Muriat Orcestra owned by Philips unfortunately cannot be used for contractual reasons.
There is a chance Carlo Savina's ''To Mirna'' might be used as a bonus track in a future Digitmovies release since permission from CAM has been granted to Digitmovies under strict guidelines.

How sad the complete soundtrack release to the best film and most visual masterpiece of Mario Bava's career ''Lisa And The Devil'' cannot be released!

serifiot, May 6, 2006; 5:42 PM

Digitmovies has now annnounced Roman Vlad´s I Vampiri paired with Caltiki by Vlad and Roberto Nicolosi. It´s a 2-disc set and at the end of disc one (Vampiri) there is a bonus track. It´s Savina´s theme from Lisa.

moenter.melle, May 7, 2006; 5:10 PM

suprise... suprise... GREAT!

Better than nothing... damn it!

serifiot, May 7, 2006; 5:41 PM

I'm disappointed to hear this too - the title theme is the best part of the movie soundtrack to be sure, but the incidental music is great too...especially the scene when Lisa wakes up in the ruined house.

I have mp3's of the title track and some other music from "Lisa and the Devil" that I ripped directly from the movie, so they are in mono and the analogue source is audible. But better than nothing! (if anyone wants to hear them, let me know)

adriangr, July 19, 2006; 2:31 PM

Contribute an answer