Forum - General Questions

Question

All The Songs From The Big Lebowski?

I'm trying to compile my own ultimate Big Lebowski soundtrack using the original soundtrack
CD and other sources. The CD has fourteen tracks but has no Creedence and no Tumbling
Tumbleweeds. The Wikipedia entry for the soundtrack lists a different soundtrack that I
suspect is incorrect, but it has sixteen tracks.

CD version:
1. The Man In Me -- Bob Dylan
2. Her Eyes Are A Blue Million Miles -- Captain Beefheart
3. My Mood Swings -- Elvis Costello
4. Ataypura -- Yma Sumac
5. Traffic Boom -- Pierro Piccioni
6. I Got It Bad And That Ain't Good -- Nina Simone
7. Stamping Ground -- Moondog With Orchestra
8. Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In) -- Kenny Rogers & The
First Edition
9. Walking Song -- Meredith Monk
10. Glück Das Mir Verblieb -- Anton Dermota & The Austrian State Radio Orchestra
11. Lujon -- Henry Mancini
12. Hotel California -- Gipsy Kings
13. Technopop -- Carter Burwell
14. Dead Flowers -- Townes Van Zandt

Wikipedia version:
1. "The Man In Me" — written and performed by Bob Dylan
2. "My Mood Swings" — written by Elvis Costello/Cait O'Riordan-performed by Elvis Costello
3. "Walking Song" — written and performed by Meredith Monk
4. "Ataypura" — written by Moises Vivanco, performed by Yma Sumac
5. "Branded Theme Song" — written by Alan Alch and Dominic Frontiere
6. "Requiem in D Minor: Lachrymosa" — written by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, performed by
The Slovak Philharmonic Orchestra and Choir
7. "Hotel California" — written by Don Henley, Glenn Frey and Don Felder, performed by The
Gipsy Kings
8. "Run Through The Jungle" — written by John Fogerty and performed by Creedence
Clearwater Revival
9. "Behave Yourself" — written by Booker T. Jones, Steve Cropper, Al Jackson, Jr. and Lewie
Steinberg, performed by Booker T. & the MG's
10. "Dead Flowers" — written by Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, performed by Townes Van
Zandt
11. "Her Eyes Are A Blue Million Miles" — written and performed by Don Vliet, aka Captain
Beefheart
12. "I Got It Bad & That Ain't Good" — written by Duke Ellington and Paul Francis Webster,
performed by Nina Simone
13. "I Hate You" — written by Gary Burger, David Havlicek, Roger Johnston, Thomas E. Shaw
and Larry Spangler, performed by The Monks
14. "Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In)" — written by Mickey
Newbury, performed by Kenny Rogers & The First Edition
15. "Lookin' Out My Back Door" — written by John Fogerty and performed by Creedence
Clearwater Revival
16. "Gnomus" — written by Modest Mussorgsky; from Pictures at an Exhibition

For anyone familiar with the film, what would a complete soundtrack look like? What songs
are missing from these lists?

sam.kaplan, July 4, 2006; 11:32 PM

Answers

A complete score release would be cool. There's just one track from Burwell on the CD.

philkws, July 5, 2006; 8:01 AM

I still can't believe the OST is missing "Tumblin' Tumbleweeds", man! I believe it's a version by
the Sons of the Pioneers.
A key song, it really tied the film together, so how they managed to leave it off the OST, along
with "the Creedence tape" and The Monks track, a cult-fave, is beyond me. It's beyond me,
man. At least it comes with the Moondog Orchestra, but why is this left off the Wiki version?
The OST begs for a re-release with ALL the tracks to fully realize the amazing selection of songs
found in the film. Surely there's enough interest? The dvd got the special edition treatment
only last year, so one would hope they'd give the soundtrack another pass in the near future.

freerockcity, May 26, 2007; 2:25 PM

Duder,
I know this thread is old, but I was contemplating the same thing.. Did you ever complete this project? Otherwise I'm pulling the trigger.
My soundtrack will also include the 'bowling pins track' (the bowling match the dude is listening to on the rug... i think it says something like 'side A: 1986 championship, side B: Bob')
FYI imdb has the complete list here:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118715/soundtrack

twebb72, February 1, 2010; 8:53 PM

Contribute an answer