Forum - General Questions

Question

Resident Evil 4 OST (Biohazard 4)???

Does anyone currently own this one? If so, how did you like it. I bought it through eBay for about 30 USD. I found it on another site (Otaku.com) for about 42 USD. The one on Otaku's site came in a collectors book, but most of the text was Japanese, and I just wanted the soundtrack. Any comments on quality of score?

drakemarone, December 1, 2006; 8:08 AM

Answers

The music from RE4 is AWESOME, and if you've played the amazing and unforgettable game (shame on you if you haven't), it's a MUST HAVE. It's easily my favorite score of the RE series. In fact, I don't much care for the other scores from the series (but I really dig the Biohazard Sound Track Remix CD (CAPCOM/Futureland, TYCY-5511)).

However, I'm afraid that the version that you purchased on eBay may be a bootleg because the only official Japanese releases of the RE4 soundtrack are the one that comes with the book (that you mentioned) and the 6-CD box set that contains RE4 as well as 5 other discs' worth of RE music.

Did the version that you bought on eBay look like this one?
http://cgi.ebay.com/2-CD-RESIDENT-EVIL-4-Biohazard-ORIGINAL-OST-SOUNDTRACK_W0QQitemZ110055460969QQihZ001QQcategoryZ1345QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

If so, it's a booty. :-/

American.Nightmare, December 1, 2006; 11:46 PM

One more word of warning: even the 6-CD box set has been bootlegged now, and is currently being sold on eBay for about $40 (the original Japanese box set retails for $120). The official Japanese releases of the soundtrack/art book and the box set were each released by CAPCOM on the Suleputer record label and bear the CAPCOM company logo. Anything else is an illegal bootleg/pirate copy, usually made in Taiwan, and always second-rate garbage.

American.Nightmare, December 1, 2006; 11:19 PM

Shit! Sadly enough, the one you called a bootleg, is the one I purchased. I hope the quality isn't way off. Cause I doubt I'll be willing to respend about 40 more dollars to get official. Crap!

drakemarone, December 2, 2006; 12:09 AM

Here's something you might find useful to help identify bootleg game soundtracks and the ebay sellers who sell them:

http://www.chudahs-corner.com/reference/index.php?reference=bootleggers

simmaxwell, December 2, 2006; 5:59 PM

Contribute an answer