Forum - Looking for a soundtrack

Question

Marathon Man & Parallax View by Michael Small

I would love to get my hands on one or both of these. Is there any hope? Please help...

joshuawgleason, February 9, 2007; 4:06 PM

Answers

Hi Joshua!

I'm afraid that, for the moment, it is impossible. Both films belong to Paramount Pictures and they are not interested in releasing old soundtracks or licensing them for release. It's a pity!

Regards,
Angel

angeldibujo, February 9, 2007; 8:28 PM

Yeah, that`s too bad.
I`ve been lookin`Marathon Man OST like some 20 years now.
But hey, it`s good to have impossible dremas, isn`t it?

jussius, February 13, 2007; 12:01 PM

I have also been looking for the Parrallax View score for a good few years. I finally decided to make my own. I've put together a 12 track / 21min score using the audio from the US DVD. some tracks were simple such as the montage sequence or the end credits, other parts I had to remove the speech and as many sound effects as I could and piece parts together using an audio multisequencing program. I tried to achieve a happy medium between getting the cleanest, but longest, score possible. Some parts still have some sound light sound effects such as footsteps but nothing distracting. I have also left in both inquiry speeches, as simply, I really like them.

Anyone who wants the free link to this can contact me at rob@seenoevil.aquiss.com, BUT YOU WOULD NEED TO OWN THE ORIGINAL DVD FIRST (in which case this would be something you could do yourself if you had the software & knowhow), otherwise it would just be simple piracy.

I appreciate this post might fall foul of the 'no bootlegs' rule, but as I've been on the lookout for this score for so long, and I put so much effort into putting this project together, I thought it was really worth posting all the same.

rob, April 4, 2009; 12:25 PM

I posted about my above fanmade soundtrack for 'The Parallax View' here a good while back, and have had 1-2 requests a month for copies with some great feedback. Well, I recently spotted that 'Film Score Monthly' has just released a double bill soundtrack CD containing full scores to both 'Marathon Man' and 'The Parallax View'. You can view & order it here;

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm?ID=13796

rob, May 10, 2010; 3:55 PM

Contribute an answer