Forum - General Questions

Question

The Apocalypse Now Sessions

Kind of a question/comment. I consider the album "The Apocalypse Now Sessions" by the Rhythm Devils (Mickey Hart & company) to be a soundtrack; in fact a companion to the standard "Apocalypse Now" soundtrack by Francis/Carmine Coppola. It's an amazing musical experience that would not exist without Francis Coppola commissioning the work expressly for the percussive backdrop of the film. I've submitted the details to soundtrack collector several times over the past year and yet it is still not here. Is this not a soundtrack?

carloolrac, October 14, 2010; 12:37 AM

Answers

Regardless of the question whether it is a soundtrack or not, submissions to this database can indeed take several months or perhaps even a year to be verified.

Urs

handstand, October 14, 2010; 9:34 AM

I submitted the same recording several years ago along with "Cosmos Music In Movieland" (General Music label) and "Impressions Of A Patch Of Blue" (Walt Dickerson). Recieved a email from Ton saying none qualified for the database.

Personally I feel all three do qualify as there is a definite appeal to those interested in film music, I would think.

Would also like to see three Ran Blake recordings, ("Portfolio Of Dr. Mabuse", "Film Noir" and "Vertigo") included but believe a submission would be pointless.

victoravalentine, October 14, 2010; 2:38 PM

Contribute an answer