Forum - General Questions

Question

What are the top HTF CD soundtracks from the "main" composers that are not ltd editions si

By limited editions I mean the Varese Sarabande type of items were you had to send away for them specially.
I would like to know about cds that were produced in low numbers and found their way to the local record shops at the time and are now hard to find etc
My interests are primarily in ACtion/Scifi themes and composers like John Barry and John Williams and Vangelis and Poledouris but I would like to know what to look out but still I do like all soundtracks one of my faves being Reilly ace of spies and Brideshead revisited
Genuinely interested in peoples replies

maryannekane, April 9, 2011; 6:18 PM

Answers

Low quantities, not limited, hard to find:

- Serpent and the rainbow (Brad Fiedel, Varese)
- Blood in, blood out (Conti, Varese)
- Man on fire (Scott, Varese)
- The black cauldron (Bernstein, Varese)
- Flowers in the attic (Young, Intrada)
- Early Milan recordings like:

- Runaway train (Jones)
- LĀ“ile (Petit)

- The classic film score collection by Varese

and many more!

peter-anselm, April 10, 2011; 4:35 PM

CDs that were produced in low numbers but weren't marketed as limited
editions, are for instance "Klute" by Harkit (about 700 copies) and most
of the titles that were produced by RCA Spain - Konrad Elfers' "Funeral
in Berlin" (the Michael Caine spy flick) for instance.

coma, April 14, 2011; 6:50 AM

Response to What are the top HTF CD soundtracks from the "main" composers that are not ltd editions

Why do you want to know? If you're looking for rare CDs in bargain bins, the best way to look at
pricing is go to the completed eBay auctions and set your search for highest prices. It's not
100% accurate, but you'll get an idea.

riotengine, May 4, 2011; 8:20 PM

I wanted to know because i live in Ireland and what might be rare some places might not be rare here.For instance I know I have many times seen the Transformers OST and few time seen Robin Hood men In tights ,neither film interested me much but still its good to know these things .I know I am unlikely to find any Varese Sarabande etc etc .
and if anyone has any other general CD but hard to find ones I would still like to hear so i can keep a watch out
Thanks

maryannekane, May 10, 2011; 4:27 PM

Contribute an answer