Forum - Looking for a soundtrack

Question

ORCA special edition BOX that was cancelled

who got a extra copy for sale?

mrscore2, September 1, 2017; 11:31 PM

Answers

Hello.

First of all, I'm sorry to say I haven't got an extra copy of this CD.

I'm answering to your post because I'm curious about what you write... Was the Music-Box release of ORCA cancelled? I know it was available for a very limited time. In fact, I got one from SAE when, unexpectedly, they listed a few copies, but then the CD vanished from everywhere. From time to time, I've seen some copies at insane prices in eBay. Can you tell me what happened to this release, please?

Thank you!

Greetins,
Angel

angeldibujo, September 2, 2017; 8:48 PM

You are one of the few lucky ones who got this. It was recalled not that long after it was released most likely due to
copyright issues. I don't believe MBR disclosed any information on the actual reason of its recall. You got a rare
Morricone CD on your hands Angel.

Scandalous! ; )

serifiot, September 2, 2017; 11:35 PM

Thank you for your answer Serifiot.

I remember that when MBR announced this title, I tried to get one copy from them but it disappeared from their website in a blink. So I contacted them about that fact, but they never answered me.

A couple of weeks (or so) later, SAE offered a small number of ORCAs, and I ordered one immediately. Lucky me! Anyway, since this CD (labelled MBR-111) doesn't appear in the MBR catalogue anymore, we can say it doesn't officially exist.

Apart from this issue, the music is amazing. The main and end titles (and the song version) are among Morricone's best.

Greetings,
Angel

angeldibujo, September 3, 2017; 2:13 PM

Sold for $154.80 US dollars on discogs.com. I have the 1977 vinyl
pressed in Japan. The CD is identical in content.

Anyways it seems to be one of those snoozers, take a nap and it's
gone, which is exactly what happened to me once.

victoravalentine, September 23, 2017; 8:18 PM

Contribute an answer