Forum - Looking for a soundtrack

Question

Swing Shift (1984)

Does anyone know if the 1984 movie Swing Shift with Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russel released a soundtrack and if so, where I can purchase a copy.

, January 31, 2005; 7:32 PM

Answers

i woke up to the tv on and heard the music- have u had any luck locating this sound track? pdecker14@cox.net

, April 2, 2005; 5:23 PM

I haven't been able to find anything so far. Although I had seen the movie years ago, I just bought the dvd recently and instantly became addicted to the song," Why don't you do right", sung in Kellys bar.......with Kurt Russell playing trumpet. I have been pounding my fingertips off trying to find out where to get that music, but I don't actually know who did the singing. I wish the movie studios would make more info available.

, October 20, 2005; 4:41 AM

Was looking for the titlesong, the writer is Peter Allen, and I think Carly Simon sang it, now I try to find out on wich album it is, but I think you can find that on her website. Song is called: Someone waits for you. Cheers!

Viallifc

, December 12, 2005; 8:11 PM

Swing Shift - Answer to soundtrack request

The singer in Kelly's is "Lisa Chadwick". The song "Why Don't you Do Right" is a classic blues number. Ms. Chadwick put together the swing band for the movie and they played the song 100 times, not because they needed the practice, but because Kurt & Goldie were in love and wanted to stay in the mood. And no. Kurt never actually played the trumpet; that was played off stage.

Interestingly enough, the openning scene, which was the scene where the ocean was and the Pier was named "Wick" pier, at least in the movie. It was actually the Santa Monica pier in California but Johnathon Demme had it re-named "Wick Pier" for Lisa Chadwick. (Notice the "wick" in her last name).

rj, May 12, 2006; 2:40 AM

Your question was forwarded to me. Please be advised that the film "Swing Shift" never had a soundtrack issued.

I am glad you enjoyed the film.

Regards,

Gita Kevlin-Jackson
Director
Music Business Affairs
Warner Bros. Pictures - Music Division

peggyhall, June 6, 2007; 3:35 PM

What a fabulous soundtrack Swing Shift would make. I would definitely buy a copy! I have been looking for this soundtrack ever since I first saw the movie back in 1984. Is there anyone I could write to request a consideration in making the soundtrack?

sceeterbrain, September 2, 2007; 6:22 AM

Carly Simon.."Someone waits for you"

katua2, July 22, 2008; 8:27 PM

Contribute an answer